This opportunity is for those wishing to fulfill their Court-Ordered Community Service Hours. If you are not seeking community service hours, please see our other volunteer description.
Before your first day, ensure you meet KNFB’s service eligibility requirements (see below).
You must be at least 18 years of age for court ordered community service.
On your first day, we require:
- Paperwork which states your charge and name
- An original photo ID
- Completed paperwork linked below. You have the option to print out the paperwork and bring it with you, or to fill out a copy when you arrive.
If you have questions about this opportunity, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call us at 770-551-7766.
Community Service spots are limited and on a first-come first-served basis. We require a minimum of 24 business hours from your final hour of service to finalize and return your verified service log to you.
Charges we DO accept include:
- Traffic violations
- Non-moving traffic violations (expired tags/ registration/ license)
We DO NOT accept:
- Anyone under 18
We DO NOT accept anyone who has a charge related to:
- Domestic violence
- Theft of any kind, including theft by conversion and shoplifting
- Violent charges
- Child or animal abuse
- Assault or battery
- Terrorist threats
- Intentional damage to property of another
Help the North Fulton Community Recycle Their Materials!
Help community members recycle their materials at our Sandy Spring Recycling Center and continue to Keep North Fulton Beautiful! Guide customers to the correct bin for their recyclables, assist in collecting materials donations, sort items, bale cardboard, clear and clean our lots, and ensure materials are ready to be reduced, reused, and recycled.
Dress: Please dress in comfortable protective clothes for that day's weather conditions and ensure that you have closed-toe shoes. You will be outdoors for the duration of this opportunity and working in close proximity to heavy items, motor vehicles, and machinery. We want you to be comfortable and safe!
COVID-19 Precautions: All community service will be outdoors, wearing masks, and adhering to social distancing guidelines. Hand sanitizer will also be available. Community Service Workers are required to abide by these rules during this service opportunity.
HOURS OF OPERATION
COMMUNITY SERVICE SHIFTS
9AM-1PM* and 1PM-5PM*
*While we are flexible, please plan on serving a minimum of 4 hours at a time with us each time you arrive. Community Service spots are limited and on a first-come basis.
We are closed on: New Year's Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas
Inclement Weather Policy: We are closed when Fulton County Schools are closed for inclement weather. Please also bring your own clearly-marked water bottle.
Wondering if you should register to volunteer? Based on the CDC guidelines, we are asking you the following questions:
- Have you been exposed to someone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19? See the CDC’s risk assessment guidance.
- Do you have symptoms consistent with COVID-19? Symptoms can include a cough or shortness of breath or at least two of the following: Fever, Chills, Repeated shaking with chills, Muscle pain, Headache, Sore throat, New loss of taste or smell. See the CDC’s symptom information.