You must register through the link: https://uaex.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_erDvGv1QpympBAy
You can also register with Give Pulse to track hours. Either way we can provide hours volunteered validation.
Be a part of a program that helps communities, families, and individuals stay healthy and improve our environment while staying COVID safe! Do Your Part and Walk Across NWA are teaming up and want you to be an integral part. We need your help to make this effort a success in communities throughout NWA by focusing on each community where you are located.
What is this program about?
· Looking for a fun way to get everyone more active? The University of Arkansas System Division of Agriculture Research and Extension conducts a statewide campaign called Walk Across Arkansas. In NWA we are focusing on the 5 weeks of April to Do Your Part and Walk Across NWA!
· The event begins March 29 and ends April 30
· Individuals, Families, or Other Teams – All ages can participate
· Keep up with minutes of any activity wherever you are (walking, jogging, biking, gardening, or other activities increasing your heartrate)
· Incorporate litter pick up as well (Plogging) to celebrate the Great American Clean up and Earth Day
· Supportive Facebook posts, encouragement, healthy recipe suggestions, and more
· Friendly competition
· Great prizes for most minutes walked, EH Club that gets the most teams started, team with the most trash collected. · Follow on Facebook @NWALivingWell or visit uaex.uada.edu/nwa-wellness or uaex.uada.edu/nwastormwater to learn more about this and other amazing opportunities.
Ideas on how can you be a part of this effort?
· Create a team
· Encourage others to participate in your team or help create new teams
· Repost and forward Facebook posts from NWA Living Well
· Share about the event with others in your community
· Visit with your local Mayor about promoting the program
· Get your place of business involved as part of a challenge to employees
· Get your faith-based organization, club, fraternity or sorority, students, neighborhood involved
· Visit with your local library about program promotion
· Organize a small walking group that meets together at a certain time and place to walk outdoors.
Meet COVID guidelines with physical distancing and wearing masks.
· Help secure donations for prizes
· Partner with us on advertising the program